Luong Thanh Tran, Dr.
- Since 2018: Project collaborator at the Chair of Economic Policy, Friedrich-Schiller University Jena
- Project: Instruments and impact of foreign trade promotion in Africa (KfW)
- 2014-18: Doctoral Candidate and Research Assistant at the Chair of Economic Policy, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena
- 2011 - 2012: Researcher, Savills Vietnam GmbH, Research- and Consultancy Department
- 2010: Internship at the Agribank Vietnam; Foreign Exchange and International Payment Department
- Since January 2015: PhD in Economic Policy, Friedrich-Schiller-UniversityJena
- Since January 2015: Scholarship holder of the Graduate College "Social Market Economy"
sponsored by Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung e.V.
- Oct. 2012 - Sep. 2013: M.Sc.: Economics, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena
- Oct. 2008 - July 2011: B.Sc.: Economics and Finance, University of York, UK
- 2008: A-Levels, Abbey College Cambridge, UK
- Draper, Peter and Freytag, Andreas and Scholvin, Sören and Tran, Luong Thanh, Is a 'Factory Southern Adrica' Feasible? Harnessing Flying Geese to the South African Gateway (April 27, 2016).
CESifo Working Paper Series No. 5867. Available at SSRN
- Tran, Luong Thanh (2013) "Relocation of Polluted Industries: Trade Liberalization in Developing Countries and Environmental Issues" in Tran, Luong Thanh, Dulkova, Katarina (2013) "The Western Tendency to outsource Problems". Review of Essential Economic Aspects, 1. Societas Verlagsgesellschaft KG, pp. 7 - 26.